Taking Care of Your Garage Door Opener in Henderson
Understanding Maintenance Of Your Garage Door Opener System
One of the first keys to proper maintenance is knowing which type of garage door opener system you have so that you can understand the parts that will require maintenance. These are the most common types:
- Chain-drive systems
- Screw-drive systems
- Belt-Drive systems
If you want to learn more about your garage door opener system so that you can understand how to properly keep the parts maintained, then be sure to contact our garage door experts. Our experts can help you understand how to make adjustments that will increase the longevity of your current garage door opener, and they will be able to point you in the right direction for the best system to replace it.
The Garage Door Opener Manual is Your Friend
General Maintenance Steps for Garage Door Openers
- Check all of your mounting brackets, fasteners, garage door tracks, supports and cables for any parts that might be bent, loose or worn out. Replace them or adjust them as needed.
- Check your opener’s chord connection to the power source. Make sure that there is no fraying on the chord and that it is securely in the electrical outlet. You can also check the garage door opener’s battery backup and replace it if needed.
- Make sure that your wall control keypad and/or remote control have fully functioning batteries. If not, then replace any batteries that need to be replaced.
- Check your garage door sensors. Automatic garage door openers are fantastic, but if anything were to get in the way of a closing garage door, it could cause serious injury. That is why there is a sensor on each side of the door that checks for objects in the door’s path. These sensors will communicate with the door and re-open it before making contact.
- Apply lubricant to the chain, rollers, and screw. Use a spray lithium lubricant.
Once you have done this, test run your garage door opener several times to make sure everything works properly. If you have any issues, call a professional for help.